Privacy is Important To Us
What Personal Information Does Hatch Oregon Collect from Me?
In order for you to invest online (or in person) under Oregon’s new law, you must be an Oregon resident, so, at times we need to use this Web site to help you prove that. First, you “self-certify” by simply clicking on the button only if you ARE an Oregon resident. This step allows you to see the issuer’s Advertisement, and their official Investment Offering Documents. Then, when, you are ready to actually invest in a business, you must provide an additional level of evidence of Oregon residency by uploading a picture or scan of a document. The Rules offer some examples of the acceptable kinds of evidence.
(3)(a) OIO securities may only be offered or sold to natural persons who are residents of the state of Oregon.
(b) Prior to making any offer under this exemption, an interested person must make an affirmative declaration to the issuer or third party platform that they are an Oregon resident;
(c) Prior to any sale under the Oregon Intrastate Offering (OIO) exemption, the issuer must have a reasonable documentary basis to believe the prospective purchaser is a resident of Oregon and obtained the signed acknowledgement required under OAR 441-035-0120(4). A reasonable documentary basis includes, but is not limited to: (i) A current Oregon Driver License or a current personal identification card issued by the State of Oregon; or (ii) A document that indicates the prospective purchaser owns or occupies property in the state as his or her principal residence, such as a current voter registration, or official business mail from a state or federal agency.
- We therefore collect and keep a copy of the evidence you provide to us regarding your Oregon residency. This information is safeguarded on secure servers, and should not include any personal account information.
- We also request your name, email address, and a password to get you registered on the site. This activity is standard practice for developing a login and account.
- We use a secure, third-party platform called “Stripe.” to handle financial transactions in the investment process, and as such, Hatch Oregon does not collect or store any of personal or financial information. Review Stripe’s privacy policies here.
- We collect and maintain information that is provided by cookies. (Cookies are small text files sent from the web server to your computer.) The Hatch Oregon Web site cookie uses a common technique to remember you for the next time you log in, allowing you ease of access next time you want to invest. This way, you don’t need to re-upload your evidence of Oregon residency. And, they merely allow the site to recognize that a page request comes from someone who has already logged on. While your browser may allow you to “reject” cookies, our Web site requires that you accept all cookies in order for the web site features and security mechanisms to function fully.
What Information Is Hatch Oregon Disclosing About Me to Third Parties?
Hatch Oregon take great care in protecting your confidential information. Only a small number of our personnel have access to your confidential information. Such personnel will use your information only in connection with executing transactions that you initiate, and in administering your account. We must provide your proof of Oregon residency to anyone you invested in so that they may maintain the records required by Oregon State law. In addition, Hatch Oregon and its parent organization, Hatch Innovation must also maintain proof that it asked for and maintained this same proof of Oregon residency. No other personal information is disclosed to anyone else. Hatch Innovation shares personal information with third parties only in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose information to companies that assist us in processing the transactions that occur within your account,
- Information may also be disclosed to third parties without your consent if disclosure is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory processes or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Hatch Oregon/Hatch Innovation Portal, its members or the public.
When we share personal information with companies working on our behalf, we generally enter into a contractual agreement with the third party requiring it to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and prohibiting it from using or disclosing your information, except for the limited purpose and to the persons for whom disclosure was intended and as otherwise permitted by law.
Am I Able To Opt Out?
The law allows you to “opt out” of our information sharing with certain kinds of third parties. This means that you can ask us not to share your personal information with certain affiliated and non-affiliated companies. Hatch Oregon and Hatch Innovation does not share your personal information with any third parties that trigger this opt out right. This means YOU ARE ALREADY OPTED OUT.
What if I want to Review or Change any of my Personal Non-Public Information?
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. If you are a member and have a concern about your personal or account information maintained on the Hatch Oregon Portal or want to correct, update, or confirm your information, please login in to our Web site using your Username and Password. After logging in, you may update your personal profile.
For name changes, you will be required to mail us the appropriate legal documentation evidencing the change along with a brief description of the reason for the change in order to assist in the protection of your personal information. Once the name change has been completed, we will send you an email telling you that your name has been successfully changed.
For bank information changes, an email will be sent to you confirming the changes made.
How Does the Hatch Oregon Protect My Personal Information?
When you register as an Oregon investor on Hatch Oregon, you are asked to choose a unique Username and Password to access your account information. Only a limited number of our employees who have a need to know this information will have access to your Username and Password. Remember: you are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your Username and Password. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose this information.
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone;
- You are already opted out from sharing personal information with third parties;
- We protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
Under the federal E-SIGN Act, it is legal for us to accept your certification of Oregon residency electronically along with any other documentation essential to transacting on the Hatch Oregon Secure Portal.
By electronically signing the certification of Oregon residency and uploading the related documents, you acknowledge that you an Oregon resident, and you consent to our maintaining and your receiving electronic records of your transactions and account on Hatch Oregon Secure Platform. For more information about “digital signatures” please see Cornell Law Blog.
There are no special hardware or software requirements for access to or retention of your electronic profile at this time other than having access to the internet, and registering for your unique and secure user name and password (to print copies of the records, you may need a program to read documents in “PDF” format). Should any technological change or upgrade be made that will affect your ability to access your records and accounts, we will notify you and remind you of your right to withdraw your consent to receive electronic records.
Become Part of the Solution