On January 15th, 2015, new Oregon securities crowdfunding law was passed. On January 22nd, Hatch Innovation helped launch the first nine companies to make use of this law, as well as the platform on which people can become local investors: Hatch Oregon. This law allows you to undertake ‘securities crowdfunding’ to raise up to $250,000 from your community.
This seminar/webinar will provide an overview of the law, and the process of preparing and launching a CPO.
You will learn:
- If a CPO is right for you and your business
- Why the law exists, what it allows for and how it can be used
- Costs of raising capital this way
- The time commitments required for a successful raise
- The technical requirements of the rules (disclosure documents, business plan review, legal compliance)
- What the Hatch Oregon platform offers
- What the Investor Ready accelerator offers
The presentation is approximately 1.5 hours of content, broken into 5 parts:
Part 1: Introduction (18 minutes)
Part 2: Grounding Concepts (15 minutes)
Part 3: Diving into the Rules (29 minutes)
Part 4: Creating a Prospectus(10 minutes)
Part 5: Hatch Oregon Resources(13 minutes)
You will leave with a good understanding of the time commitment and costs involved with a community public offering, as well as how far along you are on the path to readiness.
If you have taken this webinar and are ready to launch a CPO, apply to our accelerator.